25 August 2011

Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple

Just few days ago I started my blog with the speech of Steve Jobs at Stanford University and today, as a 2nd post I am sharing Steve Job's resignment letter. Honestly, I am upset, because he is a person of huge vision, and I hope that Apple will not lose its innovative spirit after his resignment.

Letter from Steve Jobs:
To the Apple BOD and Apple Community.
I've always said, if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, Director and Apple employee.
As far as my successor goes, I strongly reccomend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.
I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment